On account of Governor Lee’s Executive Order # 78 expiring on Wednesday, April 28th, 2021; the Knoxville City Council will resume traditional in-person meetings. Below are dates of in-person meetings the City Council and Beer Board will have in the coming weeks. All meetings listed here will be in the Main Assembly Room of the City-County Building, 400 Main Street.
- Thursday, April 29th at 5:30pm – City Council Workshop on the Housing and Neighborhood Development Department’s Annual Action Plan
- Tuesday, May 4th at 6:00pm – Regular City Council Meeting
- Thursday, May 13th beginning at 8:00am – Legislative Budget Hearings
- Friday, May 14th beginning at 11:30am – Legislative Budget Hearings, 5:00pm public hearing
- Tuesday, May 18th at 5:00pm – Regular Beer Board Meeting
- Tuesday, May 18th at 6:00pm – Regular City Council Meeting
The public is welcome to attend these meetings. Facemask wearing will be required for the public, staff, and elected officials. Individuals who decline to wear a face mask will be directed to sit in the balcony of the Main Assembly Room. A podium and microphone will be available in the balcony for those who sign-up to speak at the public forum.
Seating in the Main Assembly Room has been structured to allow for social distancing as outlined by the Knox County Health Department. The current capacity for the room is as follows:
Total room capacity: 110 seats
- Main floor: 69 seats
- Balcony: 41 seats
Individuals wishing to speak to an item on the City Council agenda or at public forum must appear in-person at the Main Assembly Room. You may call or email the City Recorder’s Office to sign-up to speak at the meeting.
City Recorder Office: telephone, 865-215-2075; email, firstname.lastname@example.org