MARYVILLE, TN – What a terrible day we witnessed Wednesday, January 7, 2021! Insurgents incited by a sitting president stormed the Capitol to try and prevent the counting of votes cast in a fair and free election. Americans everywhere are not only outraged, they are sickened and concerned for the future of our country. There must be consequences!
“This is an attack on our country, on our people, brought on by a president who refuses to accept that millions of us turned out to stand with and for each other and elect Joe Biden by overwhelming margins. This is what treason looks like: an angry mob of armed white militants inside of our Capitol, threatening our government, including the very Republican leaders complicit in this attack. This is happening because of the encouragement of some Republicans and the silence of others who spread lies about this election in order to undermine the will of the people and desperately attempt to hold onto power they clearly do not deserve. Every Republican responsible, from the president to Senators, House Members to state legislators, who fed, fueled and fomented these attacks must be removed or resign.”
The folks at Frontline have much the same message, i.e. 45 must be impeached, and the MoCs who opposed the election results must be expelled.
TN State Rep. Dist. 2, Congressman Tim Burchett aligned himself with insurrectionists and voted to object to the choice of America’s voters and the electoral college. In other words, he called into question the legitimate votes of the people of Arizona and Pennsylvania in order to advance his own political ambitions. Five other TN Representatives joined him: Scott DesJarlais, Chuck Fleishmann, Mark Green, Diana Harshbarger, and John Rose. At the last moment, Sens. Hagerty and Blackburn dropped their opposition to the Electoral College results and voted against the objection.
Accordingly, we encourage you to take these actions today:
- Please text Trumpout to 30403 to sign a petition for impeachment.
- Please text Impeach to 50409 to send faxes to our MoCs.
- Here are some other petitions to sign that support impeachment and invoking the 25th Amendment:
- Please contact Rep. Burchett’s office to provide him feedback on his actions and request that he resign. Contact info: 800 Market St. Suite 110 Knoxville TN 37902, phone: 202-225-5435 (DC), 865-523-3772 (Knoxville), 865-984-5464 (Maryville), email = https://burchett.house.gov/zip-code-lookup?form=/contact/email-me , Twitter = @timburchett
- Please consider writing a letter to the editor of the Daily Times, Knoxville News Sentinel, or The Oakridger through these links. All it takes is to write a few sentences expressing how you felt witnessing yesterday’s events. We would like to deluge the papers with letters. If you need or want help composing a letter, feel free to contact Marilyn (Voting Rights Working Group Leader) at email@example.com.
We are waiting to see today how Sens. Hagerty and Blackburn respond to yesterday’s events and whether they condemn the president for inciting violence. We are also appalled at the poor response of Capitol police and rumors that some officers aided the insurgents. We were horrified to learn this morning that local elected officials and TN State officials participated and supported the insurgency. See this article in today’s Daily Times. In addition, we are waiting to see if Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram will continue to suspend 45’s accounts and postings.
Stay tuned for more actions in the ensuing 10 days and counting!