City of Knoxville offices will be closed Thursday, Dec. 24, Friday, Dec. 25, and Friday, Jan. 1, for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
This closure includes the 311 Center for Service Innovation. Residents needing to make reports to 311 or access 211 services are encouraged to visit KnoxvilleTN.gov/311 to submit an online request, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to 211.org.
Residential changes in service through January 4, 2021:
- Knoxville Area Transit buses and trolleys will operate on a Sunday schedule on Thursday, Dec. 24, and not operate or staff the Knoxville Station Customer Service desk on Friday, Dec. 25, and Friday, Jan. 1. Schedules will operate as usual on Thursday, Dec. 31.
- There will be no household garbage or recycling collection on Friday, Dec. 25, and Waste Connections’ office will be closed. Friday routes will be picked up on Saturday, Dec. 26. Downtown commercial and residential collections will also resume on Saturday.
Please remember to have garbage and recycling containers out for pickup before 7 a.m. on your normal pickup day. Properly bagged excess holiday household trash and broken-down cardboard placed next to full garbage carts will be picked up.
Waste Connections will pick up garbage and recycling on Friday, Jan. 1, however their office will be closed and telephones will not be answered.
- The City’s five recycling centers will be open, but the Goodwill attendant will only be available to accept household goods donations for a half-day on Thursday, Dec. 24. The center will be unstaffed but open for recycling drop-off on Friday, Dec. 25, and Friday, Jan. 1.
For tips on how to prevent waste by recycling or donating gently used items during this giving season, please visit the City’s recycling guide.
- The City’s Solid Waste Facility located at 1033 Elm St. will be closed Thursday, Dec. 24 through Saturday, Dec. 26, with normal hours resuming on Monday, Dec. 27. For the New Year’s holiday, the Facility will be closed on Friday, Jan. 1, and Saturday, Jan. 2, with normal hours resuming Monday, Jan. 4.
- “Free for City Residents Day” at the Solid Waste Facility will be held on Saturday, Jan. 9, the second Saturday of the month. This service is for the City of Knoxville residents only; no contractors and no shingles.
For additional information about City services, visit KnoxvilleTN.gov.