Today, Friday, Sept. 17th is National Cheeseburger Day. Local eateries are offering cheeseburger specials nationwide, which includes East Tennessee. Call ahead to your favorite burger spot for participation or simply visit one listed below. Enjoy!!
Fun burger facts:
- If you arrange all the hamburgers eaten by Americans in a year in a straight line, it would circle our planet 32 times or more.
- On average, Americans eat 50 billion burgers a year; that’s three every week, per person.
- Beef is the most common meat used in burgers worldwide. Hamburgers, along with cheeseburgers, account for 71 percent of beef served in American eateries.
- Burgers are the most popular tailgating food, followed by hot dogs, brats, and sausages.
- Sixty percent of sandwiches sold globally are burgers.
Across the world, McDonald’s sells about 6,480,000 hamburgers a day. This works out to 75 hamburgers every second.
McDonald’s is taking you back to the 1971 price of its cheeseburger. A 50-cents McDonald’s Double Cheeseburger is exclusively available through the deal in the McDonald’s app* only on Sept. 18.
To access the deal: Download the mobile app HERE, use Mobile Order and Pay and add the deal to your order. OR scan the deal code from your phone at the Drive-Thru, Front Counter, or Kiosk, where applicable. One offer per customer.
BURGER KING: You can get your cheeseburger fix for as little as $3 at Burger King. Options include a $3 Double Cheeseburger Meal (a double cheeseburger, fries, and drink) or a $3 snack box (cheeseburger, fries, nuggets, and a drink).
DRAKE’S ComePlay: Celebrating with $5 Cheddar Burgers. Served a la carte, dine-in only.
APPLEBEE’S: Applebee’s are offering a complete Burger Bundle for $8.99. You can choose from any one of their handcrafted burgers and get fries and soft drink included. All you have to do is select the Burger Bundle option from the menu this Friday. Participation may vary from location to location.
O’Charleys: O’Charleys dine-in special is a burger and brew for $10. If you don’t fancy a beer, then you can choose a soft drink instead.
MOOYAH: Mooyah locations will be offering a free cheeseburger to all Rewards App members. Purchase fries and a drink and you’ll get to build your own cheeseburger.
Just in time, the new Cheeseburger Pizza was launched in August. It’s topped with a ketchup-mustard sauce, American cheese, beef, onions, tomatoes, shredded provolone, and cheddar cheese was launched.