AAUW Maryville and the League of Women Voters of Blount County are co-hosting a CAR PARADE at 6 pm. on Tuesday, August 18, 2020.
On August 18, 1920, 100 years ago, the Tennessee Legislature voted to ratify the 19th Amendment that granted women the right to vote, becoming the 36th and deciding state to do so. to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the day the
The parade is open to anyone under the guidelines:
- The parade will form at 5:40 pm in the parking lot at High Praises Church on East Broadway (near Southland Books) and end at the parking lot at New Providence Presbyterian Church.
- The parade will start at 6 pm with Maryville Police escort.
- Car drivers must be insured, and cars must have a decoration or sign designating them as parade cars.
- Multiple occupants of cars are expected to wear masks, practice physical distancing, and not leave their vehicles during the parade.
- This is a nonpartisan commemoration of an historical event. Please, no campaigning in the parade.
Contact us at 865.363.8110 if you have questions.
Spread the love