Mayor Madeline Rogero is encouraging Knoxville residents without health insurance to explore their options available through the Affordable Care Act’s Health Insurance Marketplace. Open enrollment (and re-enrollment) begins Friday, Nov. 1 and runs through Sunday, Dec. 15.
“This year, enrollment events are being held at six area locations, giving residents a chance to receive personal assistance and enroll or re-enroll in plans provided under the ACA marketplace,” said Mayor Rogero.
Mayor Rogero will kick off the first event at noon, Friday, Nov. 1, at Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, 1807 Dandridge Ave. in Knoxville. Enrollment specialists will be available to meet with residents until 6 p.m. There are 23 enrollment events scheduled in Knox, Sevier, and Blount counties.
ACA volunteer coordinator Carl Wheeler suggests that residents who have had a status change in marital status, income level, or family members in the last year to apply or reapply. In addition, he anticipates that two or three local insurance providers will offer plans at Healthcare.gov.
All enrollment events will have trained counselors on hand to provide free assistance to apply for health coverage. Spanish language interpreters will also be available.
To enroll you must bring the following documents that apply:
- Social Security numbers (or documentation of legal status);
- Employer and income information for every household member to be covered (pay stubs or W-2 forms are acceptable); and
- If renewing, you must bring your User Name and Password
For more information, visit www.knoxvilletn.gov/ACA or call 211. Additional information is available at www.HealthCare.gov, the federal government website, or by calling 1-800-318-2596 or TTY 1-855-889-4325.
After the Nov. 1 kick-off event at Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, the following enrollment events are scheduled:
Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, 1807 Dandridge Avenue
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 9
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 16
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 14
Cherokee Health Systems, 2018 Western Avenue. For times and locations visit cherokeehealth.com
South Knoxville Community Center, 522 Maryville Pike
- 3-6:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 7
- 3-6:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 14
- 3-7 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 5
- 3-6:30 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 12
Blount County Public Library, 508 North Cusick Street
- 3-7 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 12
- 3-7 p.m., Monday, Nov. 25
- 3-7 p.m., Monday, Dec. 9
Sevier County Public Library, 408 High Street
- 3-6 p.m., Monday, Nov. 4
- 3-7 p.m., Monday, Dec. 2
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7
Sevier County Senior Center, 1220 W. Main Street
- 1-3 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 6
- 1-3 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 13
- 1-3 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 20
- 1-3 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 4
- 1-3 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 11